(Student Transportation Engineering Program)
Immerse yourself in the world of civil engineering!
The STEP Internship Program is a 12- to 15-week immersive experience where students explore the many areas of expertise within the transportation engineering industry. STEP interns spend a minimum of one week with each of PGA’s core engineering disciplines (Roadway, Drainage, Structures, and Traffic & ITS), as well as learn from other departments including PD&E, Environmental Science, Planning, Landscape Architecture, Facilities Preservation, Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI), even Contract Management and Marketing. At the end of the program, students will have a much clearer understanding of what all goes into bringing a project from pursuit, through design, and into construction.
Get ready for:
- On-the-job training
- Professional development and growth
- Building professional relationships
- Attending field reviews
- Gaining insight into long-term career interests
- In-depth insight into the transportation industry
Hear from our STEP graduates, sharing their experience with the program.
Michael Ray (University of South Florida) | STEP Intern Class of 2021
Anthony Ortegon (University of Florida) | STEP Intern Class of 2022
PGA is eager to find engaged and inquisitive engineering students to join our team during this summer rotational program. You will gain real-world experience and potentially discover the disciplines that you have a passion for (and ones that you really don’t!), as well as build relationships with professionals that can help you upon graduation. Please consider the following when applying to this program.
QUESTIONS ABOUT APPLYING TO PGA?
- Incoming Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate student, or recent graduate in an engineering field (Preferred: Transportation, Structures, or Environmental Engineering focus)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Good verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with a variety of personality types
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high standards in all work efforts