Purpose & Need
A successful PD&E study can set the tone for the overall success of a project, and influence whether a community ever sees safety and connectivity improvements in the ground. While PGA's origins are rooted in transportation design, we have grown to provide the full spectrum of consultant services. This PD&E Senior Planner position offers a unique opportunity to be a part of our PD&E Group’s foundation. Backed by a manager with 30+ years of PD&E experience in Central Florida, you’ll be working with colleagues across our established Planning and Environmental groups to deliver exciting projects to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and other local agencies. The ideal candidate should be inspired by a cohesive team environment, passionate about spurring future growth, and eager to advance their own career with a firm that’s eager to see them succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate complete mastery of all NEPA and FDOT requirements
- Conduct environmental impact assessments and prepare environmental documents.
- Review project concept alternative and design plans to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance on environmental issues
- Participate in public meetings and hearings to present project plans and address environmental concerns.
- Assist in the strategy planning and growth of the PGA PD&E team
- Assist with grant writing tasks, as needed.
- Lead/Assist with the development of public involvement materials, presentations and meeting with stakeholders and the public associated with transportation projects.
- Effectively prioritize and assign work to meet schedule and deadlines.
- Prepare and track project budgets and invoices.
- Manage the production of project deliverables (analysis, technical reports, etc.) including oversight of completeness and accuracy of team’s work and guidance on overall objectives within multiple disciplines.
- Effectively communicate/collaborate with client and with teaming partners to successfully deliver projects.
- Support all marketing efforts including pursuit strategy, approach development, and LOR preparation
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, Biology, planning or appropriate equivalent.
- 8+ years of progressive experience which includes more complex PD&E studies and a demonstrated working mastery of all NEPA requirements.
What You’ll Bring
- Capability of leading a group of technical employees with multiple assignments
- Capability of maintaining a responsible charge over multiple projects.
- Exceptional verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with a variety of clients.
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Exceptional ability to perform multiple tasks in an organized manner and concurrently.
- Leadership skills including mentoring other staff.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job including working on a computer, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods at a desk; use hands, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.