Purpose & Need
Part of Patel, Greene and Associates’ (PGA) mission is “to elevate our communities.” We pursue that goal, in part, through the innovative and responsible design of our transportation network. PGA’s Roadway engineers and designers strive to improve safety and functionality within our growing communities and build more sustainable infrastructure systems. This Senior Roadway Engineer/Project Manager will not only represent PGA directly to public sector clients as a reliable subject matter expert and primary point of contact, but will also foster and maintain long-term client relationships that will support PGA’s strategic growth goals. Working with colleagues across Central Florida, the Senior Roadway Engineer/Project Manager will deliver exciting projects to the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) and other local agencies. The ideal candidate should be motivated to pursue and lead exciting projects, energized to mentor developing staff, and ready to further advance their career with a firm eager to see them succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain responsible charge over multiple roadway projects
- Lead marketing efforts in regionally appropriate markets for the roadway discipline (preparation of Letters of Response and other Technical Proposals)
- Direct roadway group resources to produce a quality product
- Assist in the strategy planning and growth of the PGA Roadway Group
- Leadership qualities reflected in quality of work and in coordination with colleagues and clients
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or appropriate equivalent
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- 10 – 20 years of engineering experience
What You’ll Bring
- Experience with FDOT projects and/or procedures
- Proficiency with MicroStation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with a variety of clients
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job including working on a computer, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods at a desk; use hands, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.