Purpose & Need
Part of Patel, Greene and Associates’ (PGA) mission is “to elevate our communities.” We pursue that goal, in part, through the innovative and responsible design of our transportation network. PGA’s Roadway engineers and designers strive to improve safety and functionality within our growing communities and build more sustainable infrastructure systems. This Project Engineer will be vital in helping grow the Roadway team in one of PGA’s newest office locations—Sarasota—where we have established numerous contracts with new clients in recent years. They will also benefit from continuous professional development and training opportunities, as well as the ability to steer their own career track. The ideal candidate should be motivated to take charge of tasks, excited to learn from senior staff, and ready to advance their career with a firm eager to see them succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Assume Engineer of Record responsibilities for less complex projects/tasks
- Commonly serve in role of lead technical professional (LTP), but typically under the responsible charge of a more senior professional engineer (PE)
- Lead marketing efforts for less complex projects
- Present to clients on projects that PGA is pursuing
- Assist Senior Engineers with marketing efforts on larger, more complex projects Direct engineer interns (EIs), designers, and other technical staff in completing tasks, providing frequent peer reviews on their work
What You’ll Need
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- 4+ years of experience
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Leadership qualities reflected in quality of work and in coordination with colleagues and clients
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job including working on a computer, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods at a desk; use hands, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.