Purpose & Need
PGA’s Structures Group is comprised of engineers and designers inspired to connect communities, improve safety and access, and support surrounding infrastructure improvements. This Structures Project Engineer will benefit from continuous professional development and training opportunities, as well as the ability to steer their own career track. The ideal candidate should be motivated to take charge of tasks, excited to learn from senior staff, and ready to advance their career with a firm eager to see them succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate proficiency in all structures concepts, software, manuals and criteria
- Often serve in role of (LTP), but typically under the responsible charge of a more senior PE
- Assist Project Managers in a variety of project administrative duties
- Assist Senior Engineers with marketing efforts on larger, more complex projects
- Direct Engineer Interns, Designers, and Technicians in completing structures tasks, providing frequent peer reviews on their work
- Complete tasks and projects within established supervisor’s expectations
- Serve the responsible charge role for miscellaneous structures and minor bridges
What You’ll Need
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or Structural Engineer (SE)
- 4+ years of experience
What You’ll Bring
- Competent in all duties/responsibilities of the Engineer Intern level positions
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Demonstrates leadership qualities in all aspects
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job including working on a computer, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods at a desk; use hands, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.