Purpose & NeedPGA’s Drainage Group is comprised of engineers and designers, preserving our communities, preventing irreversible flooding damage, and improving safety through innovative design. PGA was founded by two drainage engineers and has cemented a reputation for the highest caliber of transportation drainage design. This Chief Drainage Engineer will not only represent PGA directly to clients as a reliable subject matter expert and project manager,but will also foster and maintain long-term client relationships that will support PGA’s strategic growth goals. The ideal candidate should be motivated to pursue and lead exciting projects, energized to mentor developing staff, and ready to further advance their career with a firm eager to see them succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Demonstrate complete mastery of all drainage concepts
- Contribute to marketing efforts, developing approaches to drainage, etc.
- Lead quality control efforts for the drainage group
- Complete tasks and projects within established supervisor’s expectations
What You’ll Need
- Professional Engineer (PE)
- 20+ years of engineering experience
What You’ll Bring
- Capable of leading a group of technical employees with multiple assignments
- Exceptional verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with a variety of clients
- Exceptional attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Exceptional ability to perform multiple tasks in an organized manner and concurrently and at the direction of PGA’s Leadership Team
- A proven leader, including mentoring other staff
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job including working on a computer, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods at a desk; use hands, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.