Purpose & Need
PGA’s Drainage Group is comprised of engineers and designers inspired to preserve our communities, prevent irreversible damage from water and sewage systems, and improve safety and health through innovative design. PGA was founded by two drainage engineers and has cemented a reputation for the highest caliber of transportation drainage design. This Senior Drainage Engineer will not only represent PGA directly to public sector clients as a reliable subject matter expert and project manager, but will also foster and maintain long-term client relationships that will support PGA’s strategic growth goals. The ideal candidate should be motivated to pursue and lead exciting projects, energized to mentor developing staff, and ready to further advance their career with a firm eager to see them succeed.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain responsible charge over multiple drainage projects
- Lead marketing efforts for the drainage discipline (preparation of Letter of Response and other Technical Proposals)
- Direct drainage group resources to produce a quality product
- Provide quality control reviews when necessary
- Assist in the strategy planning and growth of the PGA drainage group
- Direct and mentor younger staff
- Complete tasks and projects within established supervisor’s expectations
What You’ll Need
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE)
- 10 – 20+ years of experience
What You’ll Bring
- Excellent verbal communications skills and the ability to interact with a variety of clients
- Excellent attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Leadership qualities in all aspects while continuing to produce at a high level
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job including working on a computer, the employee is regularly required to sit for prolonged periods at a desk; use hands, handle, or feel, talk, and hear.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.